The cost associated with marketing and writing new INSURANCE business, generally comprised of AGENT commissions, UNDERWRITING expenses, fees, and marketing support costs. A portion of these costs may be charged back to INSUREDS through EXPENSE LOADING. ACTIVE INVESTMENT STRATEGY A process of dynamically managing a PORTFOLIO of securities by analyzing the RISK factors that influence each ASSET class (such as INTEREST RATES, interest rate VOLATILITY, CREDIT SPREADS, FOREIGN EXCHANGE RATES, and corporate earnings) and allocating CAPITAL to those where risk and return appear attractive. An active strategy may require frequent rebalancing. See also INDEXING, PASSIVE INVESTMENT STRATEGY.ACTUAL AUTHORITY Powers granted by a PRINCIPAL to an AGENT to deal on its behalf. Actual authority may be explicit or implicit, and actions taken by the agent are generally binding on the principal. Also known as EXPRESS AUTHORITY.
What is ACQUISITION COST?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- A Guide on Lemon Law for New & Used Cars
- The Exclusionary Rule
- Illegal Eviction – The Consequences & How to Avoid It
- California Landlord-Tenant Laws
- What is Duress?
- Conservatorship vs Guardianship
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?