Trade credit created by a supplier when it permits a client to pay in the future for goods or services that have already been delivered by the supplier. Payables are a common source of shortterm financing for many industrial and service companies. A client company is generally required to arrange payment within 7 to 180 days, though in some cases terms may extend even further. In exchange for granting the payment extension, the supplier explicitly or implicitly charges a financing cost. See also ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE.
What is ACCOUNTS PAYABLE?
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
- NET METHOD OF RECORDING ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- DAYS ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (DAYS A/P)
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (A/P)
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AGING
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE TURNOVER
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (A/P) TO SALES RATIO
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (A/P) TO TOTAL DEBT RATIO
- NET REALIZABLE VALUE OF ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
- NET ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- How To Start a Sole Proprietorship
- What Does Emancipation Mean?
- How Does Escrow Work?
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?